August 26, 2011

For the longest time I have been hoping to go in Laurie’s canoe. And finally on monday it happened! It was the nicest sunny day and Laurie phoned to see if we wanted to go up while he was on lunch. So we did.

We had the weirdest lunch of crumpets, hot dogs and pizza.

And then I got to go in the kayak.

Canoe

Setting Off –Feeling Rather Wobbly

Friday Island

This is really one of my favourite places. It is so pretty.

Kayak

Lexie wanted to join in.

Oscar actually fell in. His head went right under and Laurie had to pull him out by his collar. He was okay though, and hasn’t been put off. I think he’s had to get used to falling in living there. He just gets so excited when Lexie goes swimming.

160_0447

Oscar Swimming, Not Falling

He looks like a little otter.

160_0439

All Three –Moss, Lexie and Oscar

When we walked around the island Ryan found Lexie the most ridiculous stick. I was not best pleased as I seemed to be the only one getting knocked with it.

160_0463

Ridiculous. Really, it was bigger than her!

It was a lovely day. Ryan even got to go blackberrying.

160_0431

And then as we drove out of the island we got to see the lol that is this:

Workman

 

Chainsaw

Haha. Sorry Laurie!

Love It.

X

Categories: ,

2 comments:

Leah said...

Wow! That is a pretty place! The water looks so smooth and clean. And the sun came out in Scotland! Thats new! I love the pic of Lexie with the stick. It is ridiculous but she looks so pleased with herself!

Ross said...

Looks like a really nice place in these pictures. I've read through several of your posts and now you have me hooked on your site! It's really great and now I follow it. Isn't it just like dogs to find sticks ten times their size! They're always trying to carry it and either take out everything in their path or drop it all the time!